CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What a week(end)

I know that technically the week just started, but the last part of last week and the beginning of this week has been a bit odd for me. So, really just the weekend was odd but it has extended til today.

Let me start by saying, my daughter NEVER gets sick. EVER. So, needless to say when she started throwing up Thursday night it was a bit scary. It was so bad I had to have Chris take her to the ER. She was throwing up every 10 or 15 minutes and couldn't get to sleep. Ok, so he took her and they made sure she didn't have a fever, which she didn't, and gave her some anti-nausea meds so she could get some sleep. Finally, at 6am with Chris sleeping in her bed, she fell back asleep. Friday miraculously, she was perfectly fine! I kept her from school and down on the couch Friday and Saturday. This was the most difficult thing I have had to do. Keep a perfectly fine 5 yr old ACTIVE girl laying on the couch is HARD. I didn't want to risk anything though. So all weekend she was fine. Sunday she even played with the neighbor kids. She went to school Monday and was fine then too. Then suddenly last night at 130am, she came in my room tried to say something, then threw up on my floor and wall. Almost on me. NOT fun. She has also pooed(ew) in her pants. So, in the tub she went. Where she played in the water like normal. She was COMPLETELY fine! Said she felt fine. No fever. Asked for water. I changed all her bedding and put her back in bed with a bucket(just in case) and a towel under her head. She FINALLY fell asleep at 230. I stayed up til 330 just to make sure she was ok. Then today, she's fine again. I don't know whats going on. My thoughts are maybe she's eating something next door at her friends house that's making her sick, but I asked and she says she only had water. But, you know how kids are... Today she has a doctors appointment and we'll find out what could be wrong.

So, since Lily was sick I missed a day of school. Now, my son is the opposite of Lily. He is sick ALL the time! He's allergic to milk protein so if he gets milk he gets pretty sick. He also was born with premature lung disorder. So in the fall and winter time if he gets a cold, he usually ends up with severe upper respiratory issues. The thing is he hasn't been sick this year. He had double ear infections last month but other than that, nothing. So to get to my point, I'm pretty use to missing school. For some reason though this whole Lily being sick thing threw me all off. I missed a midterm and didn't turn in am important project. So, yesterday I was able to take the midterm. I am a really really good tester. I just do really well on test for some reason. Oh man. yesterday was a different story. I couldn't focus. I kept thinking I was mixing up answers and a few of them I couldn't even answer even though I know now that I knew them! Apparently change of routine is bad for me.

Anyways. Hopefully after today things will be back in order. Lily can hopefully go back to school and so can I. Today is my day off and I am doing loads and loads of laundry. Oh man.

0 comments: